Wednesday, 28 January 2015

Grimgut's Blog: An Epilogue

So a bit's happened since I last made an entry, in the havoc that ensued following the defeat of Mad God Whats-his-face.  Figured I should start there and work my way forwards.

Me allies and I had gathered beneath an old One-Eye fortress in the plane of Shadow, the Dragons went full wizard and started casting their spells of protection on the most holy black artifact of plane sundering while leaving us with the task of stopping an enraged god of madness.  Right.  That'll cost you extra, I tells them, but they're fine with it.  So we set up for a fight, and this guy just busts his way through the ceiling like it's nothing and steps down into the cellar with us in the way.  The little ones went straight into hand to hand with him, while myself and the spellslinger gave ranged support before wading in.  What ensued was brutal, bloody warfare, and a side of Ista, our pet fox, that I had never expected to see.  Snuffles, bless his soul, was his usual immovable and magnificent self until that son of a bitch burnt him out from under me.  With a word!  He yelled at Snuffles and took the life right out of him.  Fortunately, he got what was coming to him, when Ista hacked him up so bad that he exploded.  Sadly, our little fox didn't survive the blast.


We lost two good friends in that hellhole, but we saved the material plane.  Most would say that's a fair trade.  Most didn't know Snuffles and Ista.  The dragons couldn't do much for Ista, but they could give me one last gift from Snuffles, an egg.


So I write this now from my holding back in Droam, where I have brought the Missuseseses Mrsees  Me wives home to set up our clan.  The kids have been born, great shaggy haired little loudmouths, make me glad the forge is so loud.  Look, you stupid book, I know I'm not going to settle down for long.  I know that I left the Giant Homelands with a purpose, but for now I'm going to raise my friend Shambles, and look after me kids, and when both are big enough to look after themselves I can get back to it.  For now, I think I've seen enough death.

Speaking of death though, I still see Snuffles occasionally.  Ravage brought him back, to a degree.  The light that made him himself is gone on to a better place, and I wouldn't let him trap the poor guy's soul.  But his body still serves, still as stubborn, strong and steadfast as ever.  Maybe one day, when Shambles is ready, father and son will join to once more do battle.

Now, stop making so much noise you stupid book, Ilga's coming and she thinks I'm gonna change some diapers.  Maybe I'll go a-roaming sooner than I'd planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment